Subject: I-River H340 Broken?

I-River H340 Broken?

From: Julia Aguilar <list_at_julesflute.com>
Date: 2006-04-14

Hi List,

Yesterday, my I-River H340 apparently bit the dust. I had the I-River set
to resume the last track at start up. This worked well for quite a while.

After turning the player off, I would always lock the unit to prevent me
from accidentally pushing buttons. Well, I unlocked the I-River and tried
to power the unit on. Instantly, I noticed the hard drive did not spin up
or whir. Thinking the unit was dead, I plugged it into the AC power. I
again tried turning the I-River on and still nothing happened.

I pushed the reset button in and still didn't hear the hard drive whir. I
next tried a reset with record held down and still got no response. Last, I
tried turning the I-River on with both the power and record button, and
again got no results.

Could my I-River be broken, or is there something else I can try?

One other note is the screen is white and to a sighted person, looks to be
on.

Any help would be appreciated!

Julia