Subject: iaudio and speech support

iaudio and speech support

From: Rich Cavallaro <richcav_at_verizon.net>
Date: 2006-04-18

>Hi Rock box developers and list:
I just installed rock box on the iaudio x5.
Here are my results.
Install went with out a hitch.
The menus read fine with Microsoft Marry.
When I tried to play an mp3 file how ever the unit played the song for about
three seconds and froze and then I was forced to reboot the player.
I think its great that the menus speak.
How is work going on the playback of mp3 files as well as ogg files?
Keep up the great work developers!
I look foward to using rock box on the x5 when it is a bit more stable.
I also noticed that the speech did not spell any folder or file names.
There was no voice options in the menu that I could tell.
I just also reinstalled the original firmware that came with the unit.