Subject: Re: issues with recording and other small things

Re: issues with recording and other small things

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:51:07 +1000

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 01:58:42PM +0200, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
> I record witht he standard options in rockbox.
> My player is a iriver h 340.
> When I start the recording I think that all goes well. When I stop
> the recording nothing happens and the player freezes.
Are you actually pressing record to record after entering the recording screen
or do you just enter the recording screen and then exit? If you do not
actually make a recording, there is a bug which will cause the voice UI
to freeze once you stop. You can either get around this by making sure
you do a recording or by setting the prerecord time to, say, 1 second.

> Sometimes i feel that when i press the menu button, nothing happens.
There are several possibilities:
* Perhaps you have First Keypress Enables Backlight Only enabled. If so,
the first keypress after the backlight turns off (by default, 4 seconds
of no button presses) will simply turn on the backlight and do nothing
else. You can turn this off in menu->General settings->LCD settings.
* In the April builds, the voice UI will not speak while playback is
stopped if playback has already happened. To explain better:
1. Turn on player without playback resume. Voice will work.
2. Press play. Voice will work while playing.
3. Press stop. Voice will not work in menus now until you play again.

> Sometimes the player recognizes that i
> pressed the menu button but this was a while ago and I wonder why he
> is now in the menus.
If the voice file has not yet been loaded (i.e. speaking for the first
time in a while), the player will take a second or two to speak as it
loads the voice file from disk.

Jamie

--
James Teh