Subject: Re: Need opinion about voicing for software codec targets

Re: Need opinion about voicing for software codec targets

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2006-04-19

Hi Brandon you wrote:
The current playback code plays the voice clips mixed with audio if you
are playing audio. Is this good, or would it be better to play the
voice _instead_ of the playing audio?

You are referring to the WPS right?

I love the quick access to the menus from the WPS with the voice UI.
Pausing the playback would be nice as long as it won't slow down the whole
process to much. I'm use to hearing both the file and voice simultaneously
but I do rewind after accessing the menu from the WPS so pausing or muting
would be better for me. Even directing more of the volume to the voice UI
would help so the spoken menus can be heard easily.

hth...rocker

The current playback code plays the voice clips mixed with audio if you
are playing audio. Is this good, or would it be better to play the
voice _instead_ of the playing audio?

I'm about to start working on getting voice into a releasable status on
swcodec, so I'm interested in opinions on this before I get too deep
into it.

Thanks,

Brandon