Subject: Re: feedback on voice UI changes

Re: feedback on voice UI changes

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: 2006-04-23

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 05:52:29PM +1000, wrote:
> > > * Currently, voice clips still don't shut up when they should; e.g.
> > > moving to another menu item while the current voice clip is playing
> > > doesn't silence the current clip. I estimate that the delay before the
> > > first clip is silenced correctly is just under 4 seconds. Is this likely
> > > to be fixed or not in the near future?
It should be noted also that response time is much nicer while audio is
playing as compared to while playback is stopped.

Also, a further bug I just discovered:
If you press stop while the voice UI is speaking during playback (e.g.
in the browser screen while a file name/directory is being spelled),
Rockbox crashes quite solidly.

Thanks for the fast ducking fix, btw. :)

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email: jamie@jantrid.net