Subject: Re: does using rockbox make all players sound the same?

Re: does using rockbox make all players sound the same?

From: Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-04-25

On 4/24/06, Juergen Lemke <lemke_juergen@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Do two different players, both using Rockbox, produce the same sound if I am
> using the same headphones? Putting it differently, will Rockbox make the
> differences in terms of sound quality which are reported in product reviews
> mute?

Hopefully not "mute", nor "moot". (Sorry, had to, but don't get me
wrong; your English is better than my German.)

AFAIK, Rockbox tries to reproduce the same audio curve that the
original player produces. So the reviews would still stand.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps,
Andrew