Subject: Clearing settings on boot with hold button

Clearing settings on boot with hold button

From: Michael Gibson <michaelgibson_at_lycos.co.uk>
Date: 2006-04-26

I've just accidentally cleared all my Rockbox settings by booting with the
hold button on. For the second time.
First time I was on the way out of my house, picked up my iPod. Accidentally
pressed a button and it started too boot, so I naturally switched on hold
before putting it in my pocket. Oh-didn't expect that to happen.
Second time I had it plugged into my computer. The hold button was on so
naturally when I unplugged it rebooted and wiped all my settings again.
Okay I should have known better the second time but this is way too easy to
do by accident. Shouldn't this feature be hidden away in a menu somewhere
and at least give a confirmation warning?