Subject: Re: Voiceable strings

Re: Voiceable strings

From: Jani Kinnunen <>
Date: 2006-04-26

Hi Jamie,

Yes, I always use english.lang to update the language file I'm using (it's
finnish.lang in my case).

By "unvoiceable" I mean all the messages that the voice UI cannot speak. The
LANG_INVALID_FILENAME and LANG_WAIT IDs are some examples of them. Sometimes
it's difficult to know which strings are voiceable and which aren't. As I
already said, the voice UI gets confused if the language file which is used
to generate the voice file contains strings that cannot be voiced. A good
example of the confusion is that, at the moment in rockbox, under the
Playlist options menu, I have an item called "Yes" and I'm *quite* sure that
it shouldn't be there. :-).