Subject: Speech Problems with Iriver 340

Speech Problems with Iriver 340

From: Gerhard Jaworek <>
Date: 2006-04-28

Dear Rockbox users.

Since two years I use Rb together with a German voice file on an Archos

I use it together with speech output because I am totally blind.

Last week I have changed to an Iriver 340 because I need the recording
function. After the installation of the Rb which runs properly I wanted to
install the German voice file. Because of the problems with some speech
software developers I could not find a new actual German voice file. I
decided to try out my old one which is from October 2005. The result was
that my Iriver always talked strange things.

So I rolled back to an older Rb version from March 2006 because I heard that
the Lang format has changed since April.

From no on the results were better. In the menus the device always says the
correct item but in the browser it starts very often to say its whole word

How can I solve this problem?

2) Is there a Rb version available which supports the switching between the
internal and the external microphone?

I need this function because I want to connect the device with an external
stereo microphone. Therefore the line in plug must be changed to another
impedance. I tested this function with the original OS and it works

Thank you very much if you can help me with my problems.

Best Regards