Subject: Re: Speech Problems with Iriver 340

Re: Speech Problems with Iriver 340

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: 2006-04-28

 Hi Gerhard,
On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:26:09AM +0200, Gerhard Jaworek wrote:
> So I rolled back to an older Rb version from March 2006 because I heard that
> the Lang format has changed since April.
> >From no on the results were better. In the menus the device always says the
> correct item but in the browser it starts very often to say its whole word
> storage.
Unfortunately, this is a bug in those versions of Rockbox. This was fixed
a few days ago, but due to the lang file change, you will need a new
voice file, as you have discovered.
I've just tried generating a German voice file using Eloquence. It is
set to fast speed (430 wpm). I don't understand German, so have no idea
if it is useful. You can grab it here temporarily:
http://www.jantrid.net/misc_files/deutsch.voice
Hopefully, ETI don't demand we pull the Eloquence voice files down!

> 2) Is there a Rb version available which supports the switching between the
> internal and the external microphone?
Menu->Recording->Recording Settings->Source. It can be switched between
microphone and line in. You will also need to set the gain higher than
the default to use most external microphones. This can be done on the
recording screen. On the recording screen, left and right increase and
decrease the current setting, and you move between settings with up and
down. In order, the settings are: volume, gain, left gain and right
gain. So, for example, to increase the gain, press down once and then
press right until you are satisfied.

Jamie

--
James Teh