Subject: iRiver H-120/140 VS 300 series

iRiver H-120/140 VS 300 series

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: 2006-04-29

I have noticed some Blind users here looking for and getting some iRivers of
the 300 series.
I know that the 300 series have 2 U S B ports, but aside from that, and the
video capabilities, is there any other good reason to get one?
The hard drives are the same size in the H120/140s , and the 300 series
devices as far as I know.
And many of us would not care for the better display, so are there any other
features that might interest the Blind user?
I know that some Blind users might like the video capabilities, for viewing
with others, or maybe themselves, if they have some usable vision.
But I am just wondering if they are getting the 300s because they are newer,
and not realizing that the H120/140 may meet their needs as well for much
less money?
Maybe the 300 series models have features other than video that I would
appreciate.
I would like better video myself, but I would not care to pay substantially
more fore it.
Glenn