Subject: Re: Voicing of OGG files

Re: Voicing of OGG files

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: 2006-04-29

James Teh wrote:
> What script are you using to generate your clips? The voicebox script
> from the VoiceHowto page?
> I just checked out the code for this script and it looks to me like it
> should be working. So, if you're using that, perhaps try updating.
> Otherwise, I'm not sure ...
> This is definitely the problem though.
>
> Jamie

The newer versions of voicebox *should* support Ogg files. I don't have
any personally, so I've not tested it (although I could just make some
fake ones I suppose...). Ogg wasn't in the older code, as there were no
rockbox-able players that supported it at the time. I still only have an
Archos JBR20 myself (well, it's really a JBR 40 now).

The relevant logic is in the file voiceUtils.vbs, and looks like this -
or at least it should:

     If ((extension = "mp2") or _
         (extension = "mp3") or _
         (extension = "mpa") or _