Subject: Re: iAudio System Folders

Re: iAudio System Folders

From: Andrew Conkling <>
Date: 2006-04-30

On 4/29/06, Grant Hardy <> wrote:
> Is it safe to delete the iAudio system folders, like "movie" and "firmware"
> and "_sys"? If so, when upgrading the firmware, for instance, could I just
> create a new "firmware" folder? Which folders are safe to delete and which
> aren't?

AFAIK, and don't quote me on this, the IAUDIO is pretty robust in
making sure that you can't screw anything up. In this case, you can
mess up the firmware (via Rockbox :P ) or delete any of the folders
and they'll be restored when booting up, but only with the stock
firmware, I think.

Try it out; maybe make a note of the folders first, in case you want
to recreate them down the road and I'm way off base. ;)