Subject: TagCache on Archos

TagCache on Archos

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: 2006-05-01

Hi all,

I've been testing TagCache on Archos with a few builds now, and can
not consider it to be useful at this moment on this particular

While it works very well on the iriver h320 I have, it is far to slow
on my archos (80 GB music).
Even the more than one hour forced cache update is bearable, the 10
minutes startup "comitting [1/10]" and so on does not seem to be
The problem to the user may be that he's not able to deactivate it (if
he does not know what files he has to erase)

Am I doing something wrong, or should this feature be plastered with
warnings, if not disabled at all for these platforms ?