Subject: Re: TagCache on Archos

Re: TagCache on Archos

From: David Bleakley <cool2bdave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2006-05-01

I am using it on my FMR20, I think it has been getting better and better.

   It does take a while.
  The "comitting [1/10]" does not fit on the screen.
  I think an external java app like the old tag db would be good for low spec devices. (I still like the option of doing it on my archos though)

  thanks

  David
Manuel Dejonghe <manuel@dejonghe.de> wrote:
  Hi all,

I've been testing TagCache on Archos with a few builds now, and can
not consider it to be useful at this moment on this particular
platform.

While it works very well on the iriver h320 I have, it is far to slow
on my archos (80 GB music).
Even the more than one hour forced cache update is bearable, the 10
minutes startup "comitting [1/10]" and so on does not seem to be
supportable/understandable.
The problem to the user may be that he's not able to deactivate it (if
he does not know what files he has to erase)

Am I doing something wrong, or should this feature be plastered with
warnings, if not disabled at all for these platforms ?

~lImbus

David & Claire's Web Page
http://www.dcbleakley.com (Upd 16-Mar-06)
[with BABY Jessica videos]