Subject: resume on startup weirdness with Iriver h300

resume on startup weirdness with Iriver h300

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:58:47 +1000

Hi all,

A few days ago, some code was committed which fixed the lock ups on
resume on startup. However, I am noticing a whole load of other
weirdness with resume on startup. Note that none of this happens if
resume on startup is disabled.
* If voice is enabled, pressing stop before voice has been used will
render the voice inoperable until playback starts again. Jens noted this
on the SoftwareCodecPlayback wiki page regarding a press of play while
the Rockbox logo is still being displayed.
* Until voice has been successfully used, USB mode does not appear to
work (while stopped). The player goes into USB mode as far as i can tell, but the
computer can't detect it. Even pressing stop, play and stop again
doesn't fix this. To clarify:
1. With resume on startup enabled, power on. Playback starts.
2. Press stop.
3. Attach USB cable to computer and Rockbox. Computer completely fails
to recognise the player.
Once voice has spoken, USB mode will behave.
With voice menus disabled, I can't get USB mode to work at all, though I
didn't test this as heavily.
Again, none of these things misbehave if resume on startup is disabled,
including the voice eating itself bug (though there are other ways of
reproducing this one).

Jamie

--
James Teh