Subject: Re: Etimotic

Re: Etimotic

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 2006-05-06

Hi:
This reads like if you did not have them correctly placed in your ear.
I can remember having the same quite, rather bleach impression of them
(and disappointed towards the price). Now that I know how to insert
them correctly, I definitely cannot crank up the volume higher than
somewhat around -20, it simply gets too loud above that.
You definitely should have a look on their website where they explain
how to place them: "Instructions for use":
- For best results, moisten the white soft plastic eartips before insertion.
- Using your right hand, grasp the right eartip.
- With your left hand, pull up and back on your right ear to
straighten your ear canal.
- Carefully insert the right earphone so that it seals deeply and
comfortably in your ear.
- Repeat procedure for the left ear, using the earphone with the blue plug.
- Remove earphones slowly with a twisting motion to gradually break the
seal.

*Being blind, is there any way to differentiate the colors? Say, one plug
is smaller then the other? Or, maybe a tactile dot? I'm sure I can mark
them somehow but I'm just curious. Can't wait to try these babies
out...rocker

> The sound very good on my Archos Recorder but I have to give it plenty of
> bass boost, and I am not a bass head. I typically like a nice balanced
> sound, but without the bass boost, or adjusting the bass directly in
> RockBox, they still sound very anemic to me.

This reads like if you did not have them correctly placed in your ear.
I can remember having the same quite, rather bleach impression of them
(and disappointed towards the price). Now that I know how to insert
them correctly, I definitely cannot crank up the volume higher than
somewhat around -20, it simply gets too loud above that.
You definitely should have a look on their website where they explain
how to place them: "Instructions for use":
- For best results, moisten the white soft plastic eartips before insertion.
- Using your right hand, grasp the right eartip.
- With your left hand, pull up and back on your right ear to
straighten your ear canal.
- Carefully insert the right earphone so that it seals deeply and
comfortably in your ear.
- Repeat procedure for the left ear, using the earphone with the blue plug.
- Remove earphones slowly with a twisting motion to gradually break the
seal.

Though I cannot find this advice anymore, I read somewhere to open the
mouth during the insertion. You'll notice the difference.

~lImbus