Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: First step with iaudioX5 rockbox

First step with iaudioX5 rockbox

From: newbeewan <newbeewan_at_nativobject.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 11:38:44 +0200

First of all I find a patched firmware openning the dual boot :
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5289
After installing this with daily rockbox...
boot is fast (even more than my old none flashable archos) !

- First very problematic thing is the lcd : lighten or full black :(
As the original fw do, an intermediary state before putting the lcd off
may be a good usable solution...
Because, as the opposit archos LCD, it is impossible to see any thing
when the backlight is off !
- Setting new language is stoping the playback ! (never tested on
archos, may be the same !).

As I well know rockbox archos version, I play with menu to configure it...
- It is confusing sometimes between clicking on the joystick or putting
it to right... May be both sometime could be better...

Sound now, It test only mp3 (directly transfered from my archos), but
some of them cutting down after defined time with archos are now working
well :)...
Sound quality is as good as the original cowon firmware, as far I test
for now...

The HD not noisy at all and Verrryyy speed (not rockbox feature ;) )
comparing to the archos one.

That's all for the moment, in my opinion it is a very good work :)

Thank to all for that new rockbox and sound experience !

Mourad