Subject: What is select and what is play on the ipod?

What is select and what is play on the ipod?

From: Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net>
Date: 2006-05-08

Hi, all.
        I'm using the Ipod video very successfully with voice, but do have a
few questions about the layout. I know that the menu button is the top of
the wheel. However, I'm not sure where everything else is. Reading the
documentation I see that "select" and "play" are two different buttons. Is
the round button in the middle of the wheel, the one that's not part of the
wheel at all, play or select? Is the one on the bottom of the wheel, the one
that would be the stop button on the Archos units, play or select? Are the
two buttons on the sides of the wheel, that is, those accessed by hitting
the left or right side of the wheel, simply called left and right, or do
they have other names?
        Thanks.
        Aman