Subject: ATA Error: -71

ATA Error: -71

From: claus <claus.news_at_schweiz.ch>
Date: 2006-05-08

Hello list,

I have a Archos Jukebos Recorder 10 (V1) with a bigger HD (60G)
and rockbox installed for ages. :-)

Since a couple of weeks I get from time to time an ATA Error: -71
It seems that I get more likely when I get have a high disk
access (USB copying many files) or when being plugged.
(or even both)

In either cases the Archos is quite hot when showing up with
the error and instant reboot does not "fix" the problem but when
I shutdown the unit, wait some time and try it again the problem
is "gone".

Now my question:
Is it more likely being related to the HD showing weaknesses
or to the rest of the hardware?

Thanx a lot and regards,
Claus