Subject: Re: my Iriver player and a new member

Re: my Iriver player and a new member

From: Pieter Bos <>
Date: 2006-05-12

"Randy Tijerina" <> wrote in message
> where about on the site can i find a list of supported players. I am sorry
> for being nosy, but this is new to me. randy , right on the front page! If you want to buy a new
player, the ipods and the iaudio X5 are the easiest to find - but i'm not
sure how far speech support on the iaudio X5 is. Most of the other supported
players are no longer being made.

The front page says:

Rockbox is an open source replacement firmware for mp3 players. It runs on a
number of different models:

Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and
iRiver: H100 and H300 series
Apple: iPod 4th gen (grayscale and color), 5th gen (Video), Nano and Mini
1st/2nd gen
iAudio: X5 (including X5V and X5L)
Additional models are in development