Subject: Re: my Iriver player and a new member

Re: my Iriver player and a new member

From: Pieter Bos <bos.pieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-12

"Randy Tijerina" <rtijerina3@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
news:00e601c67588$128647f0$5c81a018@randynn68u374m...
> where about on the site can i find a list of supported players. I am sorry
> for being nosy, but this is new to me. randy

http://www.rockbox.org , right on the front page! If you want to buy a new
player, the ipods and the iaudio X5 are the easiest to find - but i'm not
sure how far speech support on the iaudio X5 is. Most of the other supported
players are no longer being made.

The front page says:

Rockbox is an open source replacement firmware for mp3 players. It runs on a
number of different models:

Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and
Ondio
iRiver: H100 and H300 series
Apple: iPod 4th gen (grayscale and color), 5th gen (Video), Nano and Mini
1st/2nd gen
iAudio: X5 (including X5V and X5L)
Additional models are in development

Pieter