Subject: questions on rockbox

questions on rockbox

From: Matt Karlgaard <matt.karlgaard_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-18

I have an iPod 60GB photo. I love the hardware and use it every day. As an
electrical engineer, I get frustrated at the lack of customizability of the
ipod. I am considering dumping the apple firmware for Rockbox. I have a
couple concerns though:

1. I saw AAC files are not 100% functional (I have 160kbps AAC files on my
iPod). What does this mean for me?

2. Is the power consumption issue fixed yet? How much faster will my
batteries drain (as a %) than with apple firmware? When will this issue be
fixed?

3. Can I re-install the apple firmware without any problems if i decide I
don't like something about the rockbox firmware?

Also, I am new to this mailing list thing. Will I get an email every time
someone replies to this post? I did see where the posts get put on
rockbox.org.

Matt