Subject: Re: Does rockbox run better on X5 or Ipod?

Re: Does rockbox run better on X5 or Ipod?

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:00:19 -0700

Arnaud Xcopy wrote:

do you think a blind could use a Nano at all?

I could be interested in it for its size.

Hi Arnaud,
Yes, the Nano is an excellent player and works great with Rockbox! It is a
pleasure to use. I also have a Video, but I am hooked on this darn little
player!
I am still amazed that there is speach on such a small device. The audio is
excellent and the voice UI works great.

I highly recommend a case for the purpose of finding the perimeter of the
scroll wheel, and for protection of course.
Measuring my cases, the Nano scroll wheel has a circumference of 1 inch and
the Video wheel is 1 3/8 inches.

When the audible click wheel is implemented into Rockbox, scrolling will be
easier too.

Another thing that attracts me to the iPod's, is that my Rockbox enabled
Nano and Video work nicely with my Klipsch iFi speaker system. They received
higher ratings than the Bose.
The iPods work nice in the control dock which have volume and sub controls,
along with the ability to charge the unit. My Nano seems to charge faster in
the dock than on my PC.

The iFi system comes with a tiny wireless remote that uses radio
frequencies, so it can be used pretty much all around the house. Currently
the volume works fine, but the previous and next track functions don't.
Hopefully there will be support for the rest of the wireless functions in
the future.

If you want a player that works great with Rockbox, is very small,
streamlined, speach enabled, has excellent audio and availabel pretty much
anywhere, the Nano fits the bill.
I would recommend this little gem.

BTW, Audible and Amazon have a $100 off promotion for iPods until the end of
December. This includes the Nano and Video. I payed $139 for my 4G.

Rockbox makes this player what it is. Again, my sincere thanks to the
brilliant Devs for such an awesome product!

Best of luck .

Scott