Subject: Charging is broken on my JBR V1

Charging is broken on my JBR V1

From: <sfsprs-audio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2006-05-23

I bought a JBR V1 off ebay, and it seems to have a problem with
charging the batteries. When I plug a wall-wart charger into the JBR
V1, the display on the JBR V1 lights up and the battery graph icon
pulses from empty to full over and over, indicating that it is
charging. But the battery keeps dying all the time it's plugged in,
and eventually the display starts flickering and if I unplug the
charger cord the JBR V1 battery display shows nearly empty. Plugging
it back in, and soon the JBR V1 won't start at all due to the low
batteries.

Removing the discharged batteries and putting in freshly charged NiMH
batteries makes it work fine again. The batteries are charge fine in
an external changer. And I've tried two different chargers: the wall
wart that came with the JBR V1, and a 9 volt source from a regulated
power supply. Both have the same issue that the JBR V1 doesn't
actually charge the batteries even though it says they are charging.

Anyone experienced this... just wondering if there is a known
workaround (besides manually removing and charging the batteries).