Subject: Connecting power to the battery terminals on JBR V1

Connecting power to the battery terminals on JBR V1

From: <sfsprs-audio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the diagnosis, Linus and others.

There was a time when I connected the power supply backwards (reverse
polarity) and I'm wondering if perhaps that messed it up.

What I'm thinking now is that since this JBR V1 is going to stay in my
car, maybe my best solution would be to connect the power directly to
the battery terminals, and just not have any batteries or charger at
all.

My concern is whether cutting the power to the battery terminals (when
the car turns off) would cause any corruptions if the JBR were in the
process of writing to the hard disk for some reason. My intuition is
that it doesn't need to write to the HD unless you change one of the
preferences or something, so this won't be an issue.

-tom