Subject: Re: Iriver recording comments

Re: Iriver recording comments

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2006-05-25

On 25.05.2006, Martin Borus wrote:

> After the feature freeze it would be useful to move the "view
> disk info" from the the "Debug (keep out!)" menu into the
> recording menu. The free space reported in the "Rockbox Info"
> often is incorrect by several gigabytes.

> Only the hidden "view disk info" menu allows the scanning of
> the HD to show the correct free space. So I'd like to have

The free space in 'View disk info' is also wrong the same way as
in 'Rockbox info' unless you force a scan. This is due to
Windows not updating the fsinfo block. As long as you don't add
or remove files from the PC, the free space information will
stay correct once it was updated by a scan.

The correct solution would be to add the scan option to
'Rockbox info' - and that can be done before 3.0

Regards, Jens