Subject: Re: Flyspray mess

Re: Flyspray mess

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-05-25

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Anton Romanov wrote:

> is there someone who revises tasks and so?

Yes, many. Just subscribe to the tracker mailing list and you'll see it very
quickly.

> because there are obsolete tasks such as a request for GBA emulator (well,
> this maybe not impossible but impossible with current targets) and similar

Well, we do have a bunch of more or less insane requests. sure. The question
we never really sorted out is how strict to be and where to draw the line and
say "no, we just won't do this". So we leave lots of weird ones around.

In many cases, leaving them around is good anyway, since when we close them
people don't see them anymore and then we get another such request filed next
month...

> some just old bugs like
> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5012

Because no one yet found the time to close it properly. Now I did.

> some duplicate bugs

Which ones?

> why task reporter can't close bug opened by him?
> or mark that his task depends on other tasks ...

That's how flyspray works. The reporter can always add that info as a comment
and have a dev edit the task later.