Subject: Re: Flyspray mess

Re: Flyspray mess

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-25

> Well, we do have a bunch of more or less insane requests. sure. The question
> we never really sorted out is how strict to be and where to draw the line and
> say "no, we just won't do this". So we leave lots of weird ones around.

something I found becoming more and more annoying in the last days:
there are more and more (or is it only me think it's getting more?)
weird requests by anonymous reporters, especially kindof support
requests. The Flyspray wiki page tells you need to register before you
can submit a task, but the tracker still allows anonymous tasks. I'd
like to suggest to
- require all reporters to register an account first
- require all users when creating an account to read some guidelines
on submitting tasks. I started putting something on this to the wiki,
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReportingBugs (which is
mostly copied from the manual) to lower the "noise threshold" on the
tracker.

Or is a requirement like this not wanted upon most developers?

 - Dominik