Subject: Re: Flyspray mess

Re: Flyspray mess

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-05-25

On 5/25/06, Paul Louden <paulthenerd@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is bug reports. Some people don't like registering for things.
> In fact some people dislike it ALOT.

I'm not sure if this is a big problem. Sure, some people don't like it
-- but otoh people that go through the step of registering would make
them think again about their report and its severity. And maybe their
"bug" isn't a bug at all, and especially not that important they think
it is?

> It would be terrible for a bug report not to be filed simply because someone
> didn't feel like registering. So while I personally wouldn't mind it being a

Most projects require you to create an account to submit bugs. I just
checked the bugzilla pages of mozilla, kde and gnome for this, all of
them require an account. As most anonymous tasks aren't bugs at all
(even if they are filed as bugs sometimes) I don't think we would
loose any real bug reports. So I'd still vote for making an account
necessary.

 - Dominik