Subject: RE: STOP THE Jounals

RE: STOP THE Jounals

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-05-25

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Ed Toro wrote:

> The list maintainer should post a 1-line tag to the list web page with
> subscriber maintenance information. It would take less space than all these
> headers.

Less space, yes, but clever MUAs have functions that can use these headers and
ley you perform services automatically with them. A mere URL in a footer does
not allow that. Also, a footer adds to the mail bodies while headers do not.

And I can't but to feel that adding a footer is to give in to the lazy buggers
who can't be bothered to try to find the answer by themselves, and since they
are lazy buggers they would still ask this even with a URL present in a
footer.