Subject: Iriver and recording

Iriver and recording

From: Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldinger_at_vol.at>
Date: 2006-05-26

Hello,

I have some suggestions for the iriver recording screen.
Maybe the sliders can be spoken?
On which slider I am and on wich position the slider currently is?

I record sometimes with a headphone plugged in to check how the
quality of the recorded material is. Sometimes I hear a clipping
sound but not in the recorded material. This is then sometimes to
silent and I have to increase the volume with a audio editor. Could
the Iriver do something like "What you hear is what you get"?
Sometimes this would be good because then you can turn the gain up or
down when clipping can be found.

What do I need to make a good stereo recording using a Iriver?

Currently I have an Iriver H 340 and a kind of Sony ECM (electred
condenser microphone). The signal which is coming from the microphone
is often to quiet and I have no low frequency (like bass). Maybe this
is because the line in jack of the iriver doesn't have plugin power?
What can I do to get better quality?
I am new in that and worked before with a recorder with plugin power.

Simon