Subject: Re: moving disk from dying Archos to ... what?

Re: moving disk from dying Archos to ... what?

From: Joseph Jones <>
Date: 2006-05-26

On 5/25/06, George Michaelson <> wrote:
> if I suspect my Archos JBR20 is dying, and have a (slower, lower
> current drain) 60Gb fuji disk, whats a good platform to consider moving
> it to?
> dimensions of good include:
> runs rockbox (of course!)
> physically possible to put the disk in
> if not current product, at least still available in (some) shops
> does anything else do NiMH removables or has the world moved to
> Li-Ion?
> -George

Sadly, I believe I'm correct in saying that the only other Rockbox
platforms capable of housing the drive are Archos models of the same
generation, so Recorders, FM/V2s and Studio/Players, none of which
excel in availability.

Joe Jones
  Version: 3.1
  GIT/MU d-- s+:-- a-- C++ UL+ L++ E---- W++ w M t(++) 5++ tv D++ e+ h--