Subject: voice labelling folders

voice labelling folders

From: Brian Hartgen <brian_at_hartgen.org>
Date: 2006-05-26

Hi

I would really like to make it possible to use the script available to get
the folder names to speak on my iRiver using Rockbox.

I have been manually recording myself the names of albums and saving as an
MP3 file with the name _dirname.talk. However with so many albums on my
iRiver now I would really like to use the script to generate the files.

I am visually impaired and have read the instructions relating to dragging
and dropping items "onto the script" which to be honest did not make any
sense to me I am afraid and I thought I was quite good at using computer
technology (smile)! No disrespect intended but I just did not understand
it.

If there are any visually impaired people who have done this and who would
be willing to write to me and let me know what the simpplest way is of
getting my folders labelled in this way using text to speech, that would be
great.

Thank you very much.

Brian Hartgen

MSN: brian@hartgen.org