Subject: Re: Tts in rockbox

Re: Tts in rockbox

From: Bluechip <>
Date: 2006-05-26

>>...probably my smartest idea was to make a language called "blind"
>>which would display the menu text as f'oh'net'ik spellings
>>that we have WAV/PCM playback on the Archos units (previously
>>"IMPOSSIBLE") it really isn't going to be that difficult to write
>>our TTS such that it works on all Rockbox units.
>I'm sure there are blind people in other countries too, so there
>would be many languages called "blind".

LOL ...yes, I realised that about 2 minutes after I hit 'Send' :)

I suppose "english-blind", "german-blind" etc. is the solution.

PS. I would like to say that in the UK "Blind" is considered
"politically incorrect" but I notice blind people referring to
themselves as such if "swedish-fonetik" or
"french-people_of_limited_sight_ability" is more appropriate, that is
what I mean ;)