Subject: RE: more on voicing folder names

RE: more on voicing folder names

From: Aman Singer <>
Date: 2006-05-27

Hi, Brian.
        First, the control panel button does nothing here, either, but is
intended, I believe, to get you to the speech applet in control panel. This
is the same thing accessible from the control panel itself or by typing
control speech at a run prompt, so I think it's just there as a convenience.

        Secondly, you can, to the best of my knowledge, use any SAPI 5
capable voice. I use the Neospeech Kate and Paul voices sold with Kurzweil
but, as I said, you should be able to use any SAPI 5 capable voice. I, for
example, have two L&H voices as well as the Microsoft Sam, Mike and Mary
voices here. I would imagine that whatever nextuptech is selling would be
SAPI 5 capable and, therefore, would work fine with the script.