Subject: Re[2]: new member with record query

Re[2]: new member with record query

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:23:53 -0500

Hi Martin,

I've tried this already, and the best I can get is a rather quiet signal from the machine, exactly what one would expect when plugging a microphone into a line-in jack. Will this feature also work with stereo microphones or only mono kinds? In case I am doing something incorrectly, here are the steps am executing:

1. plug microphone into line-in port.
2. Enter record menu.
3. Enter recording options.
4. Set source to line-in.
5. Exit settings and enter recording screen.
6. Right-arrow to boost the gain as high as it will go.
7. Push the good old record button.

On a similar note, is there a faster way of starting a recording in Rockbox? I know I could tell the machine to go into the record screen at boot time, but I won't be recording something every time use the device. Thanks for any assistance, and good to meet you all.

On Saturday, May 27, 2006, 5:14:12 AM, you stood on a roof and loudly proclaimed:

>>One thing I have found is that there appears to be no way to use an
> external microphone >with Rockbox running, be it mono or stereo. Are
> there any plans for adding an external >microphone option to the
> recording source menu so an external preamp won't be needed?

> Hi Stephen,

> just set the source to Line-In (where the microphone is plugged in)
> and any microphone that can be connected to a minidisc walkman
> will work great.

> Martin

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve_at_steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03
Yahoo: sclower2003
Skype: sclower

Check out my little home on the web at http://www.steve-audio.net