Subject: Re: iRiver H340

Re: iRiver H340

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: 2006-05-28

Brian Hartgen wrote:
> OTHER ISSUES
>
> I have noticed since installing this build that the unit tends to "go
> to sleep" extremely quickly and I wonder if there is a way of
> extending this. In other words, if I leave the unit for about three
> seconds, I have to press a key to "wake up" the player, then the key I
> actually want to execute quite quickly. This causes quite a problem.

Brian, the unit "goes to sleep" when the backlight turns off.
The"Backlight" setting under Main Menu - General Settings - Diplay - LCD
settings will allow you to configure how long the backlight stays on.
In the same menu, there is a setting called "First Keypress Enables
Backlight Only." If you set this to "No," the first keypress will
actually take the relevant action, rather than simply turning on the
backlight.

Michael E. DiFebbo

http://www.jumpcityjazz.com