Subject: Re: Tts in rockbox/iPod installation

Re: Tts in rockbox/iPod installation

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:45:56 -0700

Robert Ramsay wrote:

 In the rockbox nano video 60gb manual it says
that I am to download and unzip directly to my e drive which is the ipod
drive. when I do so, there are more than just the rockbox files, there are
system files unzipped as well. Not when I unzip to top directory c drive. I
wonder as I look through the info in the nano install instructions if I am
to use the nano bin or the video bin. Also, when I am to do a command
prompt, I think I should be addressing the e drive instead of c. Because the
nano gb60 has no flash memory there must be a different procedure involved.
In the beginning of the manual that I downloaded for the rockbox it says
something about adding rockbox bootloader commands to the original firmware.
It says something about looking for the players homepage. Am I on track?
please advise. thank you. Rob

Hi Rob,
sounds like you have the iPod Video 60G. The Nano comes in the following
sizes: 1, 2 and 4G. The Video is quite a bit larger than the Nano also, so
if your player is larger than 3 1/2 by 1.5 by 1/4, you definatly do not have
the Nano.

Here is the link to help you with the understanding and installation of
Rockbox on the iPods.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodInstallation

HTH

Scott