Subject: Re: ipod

Re: ipod

From: Joseph Jones <>
Date: 2006-06-01

On 6/1/06, robert ramsay <> wrote:
> Hi from rob, thanks. Is the ipod or rockbox mp3 incoding only? If I have wav
> or other formats then I need to use some kind of format conversion.

Do you mean playback? As far as I'm aware, the iPod firmware can only
play MP3s and those crazy Apple-specific files. But with Rockbox, I
*believe* it's capable of playing ogg, wav, etc. Certainly, that is
the case on other platforms, but maybe the iPod port's a bit raw
still, I don't have an iPod myself.

Joe Jones
  Version: 3.1
  GIT/MU d-- s+:-- a-- C++ UL+ L++ E---- W++ w M t(++) 5++ tv D++ e+ h--