Subject: Re: installing rockbox on Iaudio X5

Re: installing rockbox on Iaudio X5

From: Andrew Conkling <>
Date: 2006-06-01

On 6/1/06, Brian Hartgen <> wrote:
> There is a section of the Rockbox manual relating to installing Rockbox on
> the Iaudio X5 player, however is this available please on the web as well?
> I could not find it with the other installation documentation. I am often
> being asked about players onto which Rockbox can be installed and this is
> obviously another option people can explore.

Hi Brian,
You can find a wiki version of the manual (so it's more current) here: Also, I have
had a lot of luck on the IAUDIO section of the Rockbox forums: There's a quick and
dirty howto, but it's what I used successfully:

Which reminds me... does dual-booting work? I couldn't find anything
in the forums except an unofficial patch, but if that's been
committed, these docs will need to be updated. Any word?