Subject: Re: Using the tagcache

Re: Using the tagcache

From: James Teh <>
Date: 2006-06-04

Err... why would you want to know if you can use the tag cache with
speech if you don't know what it is? :)
Here is an explanation of the tag cache:
You can use it with speech, but only with the items spelled or numbered.
There is no way of generating voice clips for tag cache items at
present. I can think of one way they might be implemented, but it
wouldn't be too easy and is certainly more tricky than generating voice
clips for directories and files.

Stuart Lawler wrote:
> Hi there,
> I too would like to echo Hamish's question, if anyone can help.
> Can a totally blind person use the tagcache and if so, how does one go
> about it.
> I have an archos Recorder v1.
> Also might someone be able to explain what is a tagcache.
> Regards,
> Stuart.

James Teh
MSN Messenger: