Subject: AJBRFM headphone socket broken

AJBRFM headphone socket broken

From: mathew holton <mathew.holton_at_zirconsoftware.co.uk>
Date: 2006-06-05

Hi there!

Has anyone successfully repaired a headphone socket on a AJBRFM ?

The main issue I have is desoldering the main-board from the metal case
(this is the reason I havn't changed the HD as well). Does anyone have
any tips or photo's of this procedure? What are the dangers of
desoldering the board? Can I fry any components easily by leaving the
iron touching for too long?

I don't want to have to ditch my AJBRFM but may have to - it's rubbish
having to hold onto my mp3 player whilst walking down the street (to
keep the headphone plug in tightly!)

Cheers,

mat