Subject: Re: Overwriting configuration

Re: Overwriting configuration

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2006-06-07

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> Last time I updated, I simply unzipped the folder to my IAUDIO's root
> directory. However, when I started it up, my configuration was lost and I
> had to set all the options again. Must the configuration file be included
> with the zip? Wouldn't it be generated if it were missing anyway?

It doesn't overwrite the existing configuration, but it most likely no longer
was binary compatible with the previous config area so it reset to the
internal default. This happens rather frequently during development, so users
who care about their settings are encouraged to save them as a .cfg file and
load that after such an upgrade.

Discussions about using a plain test based .cfg file for most setting have
been held and we will most likely go that way in the future, thus reducing
this problem.