Subject: Re: iPod nano installation question

Re: iPod nano installation question

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:03:13 -0500

Try these instructions:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodInstallation
I can't speak for the ones in the manual.

As for the glitches, I had VBR MP3 problems on my Nano, I do not in Rockbox.
Things are handled differently, and
while we have bugs of our own, we do not have that one. Of course, *our*
bugs are being worked on, while if you're
having the VBR bug I'm thinking of, it's existed since the 1st generation of
Mini at least, and Apple's done nothing about
it. Their support response, when called on the phone, is officially "If you
can't encode it in iTunes, then you must be
pirating it." The problem seems to not occur with their less efficient
encoder. Anyway when I cited places that provide MP3s for
free legally, such as artists who give them out, they tried to claim the
MP3s were ententionally encoded to not work on iPods, of
all things. Saying "Some people just hate Apple."