Subject: Re: Using Autorun.inf on an iPod

Re: Using Autorun.inf on an iPod

From: Jens Arnold <>
Date: 2006-06-09

On 09.06.2006, victor rajewski wrote:

> From
> comes this:

> Q: What must I do to trigger Autorun on my USB storage device?
> The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and
> fixed disk drives. If you need to make a USB storage device
> perform Autorun, the device must not be marked as a removable
> media device and the device must contain an Autorun.inf file
> and a startup application.

Making autorun.inf work on a removable drive is in fact rather
simple, it requires changing a single registry setting. That
means it won't work on an arbitrary PC, but on all PCs you
prepare for it. Google for the "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" registry
setting (default value is 0x95000000, change it to 0x91000000
to enable autorun on removable drives).

Regards, Jens