Subject: Re: changes to voice files

Re: changes to voice files

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: 2006-06-11

Actually Alex,
I think AT&T are making a mistake by not allowing us to use the voices, as
it only takes one person to make all the menu voices for everyone, and
although it is theoretically possible for each of us to make the voices for
ourselves, it will never happen, even if we have all the tools.
I say AT&T is making a mistake, because it is likely to help them to sell
their voices, and it would never hurt their sales, based on what I mentioned
above.
It would help their sales, as newbies to synthetic speech would say:
 Wow, I like that speech, where can I get it for my computer", or some such
statement.
So you may send this message to the manufacturers if you think it will help.
But I have my doubts.
The reason I don't think it would help, is that they must not understand the
use of the speech that is generated for RockBox.
Glenn