Subject: Re: hard drives working in i rivers

Re: hard drives working in i rivers

From: <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: 2006-06-11

> hi list.
> i just noticed the thread on hard drives going on.
> does this mean that it is possible to have a larger hard drive in my i
> river? at the moment i have a 60 gb drive and a 30 hour battery in my i
> river as at the time i understood those were the best capacitys i could
> get.
> Does this mean then that i can get a bigger hard drive? or even a larger
> battery?
> i have about 500 gbs worth of books and other audio material so would love
> bigger drive as i only have 60 gb at the moment.
> on the subject of audio formats is it possible that one of you programmers
> out there could write a plug in so that rockbox could support aac files?
> thanks for any help.
> Alex.

The H1x0 series can support hard drives up to 127Gb in size, so the
largest the device could support is a 120Gb drive (the reason you can't
use drives larger than that is the the hardware won't support anything
larger than 127Gb, due to the way it employs Logical Block Addressing,
similar to the problems some computers encounter until their registry is
patched or their motherboard BIOS is updated). I'd be interested in seeing
how much a 120Gb drive for an iRiver would cost though, I'm interested in
upgrading mine but I understand that they could a CRAPload of money :/