Subject: Re: batch converting images

Re: batch converting images

From: twistedpickles <twistedpickles_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-06-12

On 6/11/06, Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/11/06, Erik <paddlaren@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please!
> >
> > How can this possible be related to Rockbox?
>
> This is related to Rockbox in that way as the album art patch depends
> on all album art images to be bmp. So it's not directly related to
> rockbox as the patch isn't in cvs yet, but I guess when album art is
> officially supported there will be similar requirements.
>
> On Linux, you could search with "find" for all jpg images and convert
> the results with ImageMagick's "convert" automatically (which can also
> adjust the image dimensions etc.). It's a one-liner.
>
> - Dominik

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Dominik you are correct the question was to find an easier solution to
convert jpg album art into bmps suitable for Rockbox.

I've tried IrfanView, fireworks, and others. While these programs are
great at bacth converting they save all converted images to one
folder. This will leave me the painstaiking task of having to match
40 + gigs of music with the respective album art.

I was looking for a program or technique that would scan my entire
music directory structure for album art jpgs already placed in the
"../Artist/Album" folders then create a bmp of the jpg and place the
bmp in the folder the source jpg was converted from.

I'll look into ImageMagick to see if it supports such a feture or
write a script that will allow me to this. Thanks Again!