Subject: Re: batch converting images

Re: batch converting images

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-06-12

On 6/12/06, twistedpickles <twistedpickles@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking for a program or technique that would scan my entire
> music directory structure for album art jpgs already placed in the
> "../Artist/Album" folders then create a bmp of the jpg and place the
> bmp in the folder the source jpg was converted from.

Shooting out of my hip, untested:

for i in "`find /media/music -name '*.jpg' -print`"; do convert "$i"
"`gawk -F . "$i" '{print $1}'`.bmp"; done

(which could also be done with find's -exec, but I don't have the
syntax at hand and not "saved" in my head. Also, I assume you don't
have dots in your filenames)
HTH.

 - Dominik