Subject: Re: Archos v1 Fault

Re: Archos v1 Fault

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-06-12

>Bluechip wrote:
>># It's almost certainly a hardware fault
>
>Hmmm. If so, it would probably be a sector in the FAT, since the
>bookmarks are saved in a separate file for each directory.
>
>I'm not really sure how to verify this. Try to copy a big file to
>the disk, so the next bookmark save will use another sector of the FAT.

AHA!
Gotit!
I was out of disk space!
So it was a rockbox bug after all!
You may want to check that this bug is fixed for 3.0 ?
==

Just for note, this is how I ran out of disk space:
Do a bunch of recording; move the files to the PC; do a bunch more recording

Worth noting that when moving files to the PC, Windoze XP chose to
move the files to /recycled rather than actually deleting them!
Fortunately Rockbox has a recursive rmdir ...well done whoever that was :)

The record screen DOES show a little dialog box when it fails to
write to the disk, but unfortunately I can't get it to stay on the
screen long enough to tell you what it says :(

If auto-split is enabled in the record screen, it will create lots of
0 byte mp3 files.
==

As I say, these bugs may well all be fixed by now ...but I wanted to
list them in case my findings were helpful :)

Thanks for the help Linus,

BC